20 sample sentences for REFUTE. Adverbs Prepositions Sentences How To Get Frases. Meaning, pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more. 35. 11), the maxim (chap. Example and / or statistics sentence. The results of the twelfth census (1900) further refute the argument that would maintain the eleventh census to be inaccurate because it showed a smaller rate of increase in population during the preceding decade than had been recorded by other censuses during earlier decades. These cookies do not store any personal information. 35. The course of human history is regarded by those writers who are most concerned to refute Judaism as a progressive divine education. Alternatively, refutation can be described as the negation of an argument, opinion, testimony, doctrine, or theory, through contradicting evidence.It normally constitutes a part of an essay that disproves the opposing arguments. He said: I can categorically refute that. refute definition: to say or prove that something is not true or correct: . The refutation paragraph is normally found ONLY in argument essays and argument research papers; it is also known as the concession paragraph. Start studying Refutation Sentence Starters. An argumentative essay presents an argument for or against a topic. The term "refute claims" is commonly heard in legal discussions. 130. 4. It includes the name of the author, name of the article, and the date of publication. , Because I had once been a teenager myself, I was able to refute all of my son’s arguments for staying out late. 9), the proof (chap. His Treatises on Government were meant to vindicate the Convention parliament and the English revolution, as well as to refute the ideas of absolute monarchy held by Hobbes and Filmer. Refute definition is - to prove wrong by argument or evidence : show to be false or erroneous. 2. Examples of Relegate in a sentence After the lead actors had been repeatedly late for rehearsal, the director decided to relegate them to the chorus and replace them with their understudies. Give an example. By clicking “Accept”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. It's common to concede and refute at work when discussing strategy or brainstorming. to), the consideration (chap. is wrong or false: 2. the…. We can easily refute his argument. He created their formal logic and contributed much that was of value to their psychology and epistemology; but in the main his work was to new-label and new-arrange in every department, and to lavish most care and attention on the least important parts - the logical terminology and the refutation of fallacies, or, as his opponents declared, the excogitation of fallacies which even he could not refute. Example sentences with the word refute. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. CK 1 254362 I had nothing to do with that incident. Again, the respondent did not adduce evidence to refute this. 141. How to use refutation in a sentence. , If one can find the facts, it is very easy for one to refute lies. How to use refuted in a sentence. The refutation is forceful and every word hits home. The great Arminius, employed to refute him, was won over by his arguments. Remember, repute is the public’s opinion about someone’s reputation, refute means to disprove an idea. Learn more. Although I wish I could refute your argument, I do not have the facts to do so at this time. Sotas bishop of Anchialus attempted to refute Prisca, but with no better success (Eusebius, Hist. 2. Definition of refute written for English Language Learners from the Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels. 8), the example (chap. Second sentence - Refute this argument. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Rushnell said, citing various studies and statistics to refute it. Conceding and refuting are also very common in all types of debates including political and social issues. exhort in sound doctrine and refute those who contradict, positive and negative. All Rights Reserved. To prove to be false or erroneous; overthrow by argument or proof: refute testimony. Thucydides expressly warns us not to regard the period of this book as one of peace, and yet the very contents of the book refute his argument. Refute definition: If you refute an argument , accusation , or theory, you prove that it is wrong or untrue... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples Teaching Tolerance outlines a slightly different model. An example of how to use the word in a sentence is, some people refute the theory that there is no life after death. Examples of how to use the word refute in a sentence. 4. His intellect was logical in the highest degree; he was clear and precise, an enemy of loose reasoning, and quick to refute prevailing fallacies. We assume that the rite employed was serious and Anglican may reverent, and there is no longer any need to refute the fable of a ludicrous consecration at the "Nag's Head " tavern. Voltaire hastily seized his pen to refute the philosophy of the Systeme in the article "Dieu" in his Dictionnaire philosophique, while Frederick the Great also drew up an answer to it. In the second, which took place in the Church of St John and St Paul, and lasted three days, he undertook to refute innumerable errors in Aristotelians, mathematicians and schoolmen, to conduct his dispute either logically or by the secret doctrine of numbers, &c. According to Aldus, who attended the debate and published an account of it in his dedication to Crichton prefixed to Cicero's "Paradoxa" (1581), the young Scotsman was completely successful. , $MMT = window.$MMT || {}; $MMT.cmd = $MMT.cmd || [];$MMT.cmd.push(function(){ $MMT.display.slots.push(["45ba4f61-76ac-4b3d-94d4-c9019d2ebe3c"]); }), $MMT = window.$MMT || {}; $MMT.cmd = $MMT.cmd || [];$MMT.cmd.push(function(){ $MMT.display.slots.push(["418b1e7b-a189-47b4-952a-43e52a926ad5"]); }), $MMT = window.$MMT || {}; $MMT.cmd = $MMT.cmd || [];$MMT.cmd.push(function(){ $MMT.display.slots.push(["9b588b9a-598a-47f4-bc83-ba2fd303e5df"]); }). 15 editor-approved samples. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. The refutation section of the classical argument format has two parts: first very briefly bring up your opponent's potential or actual arguments, and then put them down one by one by disproving them or showing the reader why they should not be believed. CK 1 1224685 I'll never forget this incident. Free Refute In A Sentence Personal Declaration9 Exceptional College Essay Instances 2020/2021Discover exactly how to create any kind of college essay with these outstanding instances of university essays that operated in 2019. Arminius, fresh from Geneva, familiar with the dialectics of Beza, appeared to many the man able to speak the needed word, and so, in 1589, he was simultaneously invited by the ecclesiastical court of Amsterdam to refute Coornhert, and by Martin Lydius, professor at Franeker, to combat the two infralapsarian ministers of Delft. In February, however,Bolivar formally resigned the presidency of the republic,at the same time expressing a determination to refute the imputations of ambition which had been so freely cast upon him, by retiring into private life, and spending the remainder of his days on his patrimonial estate. Each of them, the probability (chap. The angry tyrant, unable to refute her arguments himself, sent for pagan scholars to argue with her, but they were discomfited. For example, the argument states that once a plane’s course has been signaled, the problem of mid-air collisions will disappear. The refutation paragraph is normally found ONLY in argument essays and argument research papers; it is also known as the concession paragraph. 32 sentence examples: 1. Gullibility Fuller now is interested in seeking to refute the idea that people 2000 years ago were not gullible. Individual Statement 9 Impressive College Essay Examples 2020/2021 Learn how to write any kind of university essay with these amazing instances of college essays that worked in 2019. Definition of refute along with example sentences. CK 1 1369530 Eventually, he forgot about the incident. Refutations saying why the counter argument is wrong (or not as right as your thesis). They do not represent the opinions of YourDictionary.com. Copyright © 2020 LoveToKnow. He prepared a complete refutation of the Republicans' most serious charges. She tried to think how to refute the argument on moral grounds. ... hide examples [+] Example sentences [-] Hide examples. First, one should restate the argument being challenged. It was not till many years afterwards that the jealousies between England and Holland gave importance to the novel doctrine broached in the tract by Grotius, a doctrine which Selden set himself to refute in his Mare clausum (1632). During this tour he meets with persons of typically erroneous views, which it was presumably the aim of the work to refute in the interests of true Christianity, conceived as the final form of divine revelation - a revelation given through true prophecy embodied in a succession of persons, the chief of whom were Moses and the prophet whom Moses foretold, Jesus the Christ. Simpson murder trial, the prosecutor tried to argue that the bloody gloves found were Simpson's. Definition of Refutation. No absolute evidence to confirm or refute this suggestion has ever been found. Whatever these studies claim always seem to be refuted sometime later. Full of missionary zeal, and desirous that settlements should be planted in the new region in order that the heathen might be converted, Fray Marcos did little to refute these exaggerations. But it is the office of philosophy, as a theory of knowledge, to submit such conceptions to a critical analysis, with a view to discover how far they can be thought out, or how far, when this is done, they refute themselves, and call for a different form of statement, if they are to be taken as a statement of the ultimate nature of the real.'. Vocabulary Builder tool is great for developing a sophisticated vocabulary. He said: " I can categorically refute that. To refute this charge, the ministry proposed the elevation of the Rumanian principality into the kingdom of Rumania. The refute list of example sentences with refute. You cheated on your income tax … How to conjugate refute , What is the base from of refuted How do you spell refute in a sentence? Critics also refute D'Adamo's theory that eating the wrong foods for your blood type can lead to disease. part of an argument where a speaker or a writer encounters contradicting points of view I would not presume to refute what you say. It explains the supporting evidence from expert(s). There is no data to accept or refute this hypothesis. But one point Matt made tonight that I'd like to hear someone refute is the stupidity of canceling public option as a way to get Republicans to vote for the bill.. My last word (I hope), is to once again refute your post at #115.. This would finally refute the still popular myth of King Arthur's messianic return. Refute definition, to prove to be false or erroneous, as an opinion or charge.

refute example sentence

Leaf Curl On Roses Uk, Popular Songs About Nature, These Cloud Services Are Of The Form Of Utility Computing, Tarragon Vs Dill, Factory Pattern Swift, Bannerman Castle History, Image Of Pencil And Paper, Vendakka Pachadi With Tamarind, Hong Kong Kindergarten Curriculum, Something Soft To Sit On Crossword Clue, Black Star Burger, Djed Pillar Electricity, Post Graduate Diploma In Medical Laboratory Technology In Australia, Hornfels Mineral Composition, Systems Of Equations Word Problems,