Clare - love the Chevron nails ; ), Kerime Sevilen Mustafaoglu from ASHYL said 6 years ago, I prefer pasting my old postcards to the walls. It's very pleasant to give and very pleasant to receive a card made specially for you. I consider any extra ink from the post office an added benefit—–postal art. I have a box full of Cardstock Blank Greeting Cards designed for you to place your Photograph on the front.... What about doing exactly what you've shown here, but sew it onto the FRONT of the greeting card, then either cover the Inside Back (to the front cover) with Colored Masking Tape as you have done, or even a Printed Cardstock that matches the photo or colors .... write your own sentiment on the inside and MAIL TO A FRIEND! Take a look at Jenny Hart’s Sublime Stitching for some embroidery basics and marvelous patterns. Thanks for sharing this with us! Maybe a loved one is going off to college, moving to a new city, or just loves to write. I send my postcards to different post offices to get their post marks. We love our town here at alt+library, which is why we’ve spent a lot of time this summer embroidering postcards in its honor. From shop DNEembroidery. Love the idea. Thanks for sharing :0), Interesting idea, perfect for craft party :) Thank you for sharing, Oshrat from theLowerEarSide said 6 years ago, Susan Riley from susanriley5 said 6 years ago, Kathy Johnson from kathyjohnson3 said 6 years ago, Gloria Moses from GloriaArtStudio said 6 years ago. What a fun project - the instructions were excellent! The reindeer pattern is easier for children since it has less embroidery. How whimsical~ I would even go a step further and *mail* the postcards to friends and family, near...or far! Vanessa Camburn Bishop from ApplauseApplause said 6 years ago. That is so fun - what a great image/animation. Remember to save half the cards for your blank postcard fronts. The Embroidery Library recently released dozens of new designs specially digitized for cardstock. An amazing and truly unique idea. Make a Fabric Postcard From a Vintage Handkerchief. We've received some excellent questions from embroiderers who are ready to make the plunge into the card-making business. Wow, who would have thought! Share it with us! Dita Maulani from Maulani said 6 years ago, Noémie Vaillancourt from noemiah said 6 years ago, Theme Fragrance from themefragrance said 6 years ago, super cute, and i love the sequin sunglasses :), melodieperfumes from melodieperfumes said 6 years ago. Did you make this project? Ainee Beland from seule771 said 6 years ago. It is inexpensive and just right for a project like this. thank you so much for this. Stitch out an entire design with white thread on a blue or black card. Make a set of fabric postcards and gift the set along with fabric markers and postage. I like to work with metallic thread because it is strong enough to stand up to the … See more ideas about post cards, postcard, embroidered. THANKYOU so much for inspiring a few more ideas to share with our Crafty Etsy Family!!! ...//// ANOTHER IDEA THAT I'VE DONE BEFORE IS THIS: Adrienne from HayOhStudio said 6 years ago. After a bit of brainstorming, I decided to update my postcard collection by embroidering photocopies of the originals, which proved simple, inexpensive and stunning. Hoop a piece of light weight tear away stabilizer. The sequin sunglasses made me laugh :oD, Blackberry Bungalow from BlackberryBungalow said 6 years ago, heartdosheart from heartdosheart said 6 years ago, Laura from FremontandJane said 6 years ago, Magdalena from SchneiderGallery said 6 years ago, Rebecca Blevins from RaccoonValleyRouge said 6 years ago, Great idea! The last third allows me to write my message. Whether you’re a group of backpackers creating a postcard to commemorate your trip or an artist’s collective promoting a show together — we make it easy for people to design together. Thank you for sharing. lemongrasssoap from lemongrasssoap said 6 years ago. After a bit of brainstorming, I decided to update my postcard collection by embroidering photocopies of the originals, which proved simple, inexpensive and stunning. Choose your thread. Give old memories new life with this photo embroidery project. Haley Pierson-Cox from Red-Handled Scissors is a maker of crafts, a lover of cats, an avid swearing enthusiast, a cross-stitch book author, and a general purveyor of quirk. I personally use pattern weight stabilizer that I get at JoAnn's. Kasia Dorota from KasiaDorota said 6 years ago. I read this at 5:55 am and enjoyed your craft idea so much. They work perfect for this! Digital Embroidery : Postcards from Japan fun bag - In the hoop machine embroidery file - Digital Instant download DNEembroidery. Feel free to glue on some extra embellishments (sequins and glitter, anyone?) I have a group of friends that I've been making art with for a few years now. Does Clare have an Etsy shop where she sells these? The first step is to choose a design and embroider it. I don’t use clear envelopes. honeymoonmuse from honeymoonmuse said 6 years ago. From shop VINTAGEFINDSByCathy. Wow! Etsy Crafts Fun Crafts Paper Crafts Diy Postcard Art Postal Paper Embroidery Crafty Craft Crafting Craft Party. But I stumbled upon a design for a Valentine's Day postcard instead. I somehow don't have the mood for a Christmas postcard — perhaps, the reason is that I haven't found a proper design. Time: 1 hour or less. Guide the needle back through the second hole from front to back and pull the floss gently until your stitch is taut. Read on to learn how to make one of your own. Sound interesting. This looks like a fun idea children would also enjoy ! Thanx for the post. Step 2: Place the image on top of your thick piece of cardboard. https://flic.kr/p/Cu2JT, Claudia from CraftyWoolFelt said 6 years ago, I love this idea very unique ♥. That would really look neat in a scrapbook...??!! I will share it with my children I know they will love to do this!!! If you like, you can make another copy of your image beforehand and draw out the design you’d like to embroider to use as a guide for the hole placement. Haley Pierson-Cox. This project will be added to my own book of fun things to do!! 5 out of 5 stars (8) 8 reviews $ 5.00. Feb 25, 2016 - Explore Anne Davies's board "Embroidered & Quilted Post Cards", followed by 1621 people on Pinterest. I've wanted to try something like this before, but never thought of using tape. Or skip this completely and just cut out a rectangle of nice sturdy cardstock in the color of your choice. Artist Eva Monleón of Misako Mimoko recently shared this wonderful way to share embroidery projects with a lovely-looking embroidered postcard workshop. I'm going to try your idea of stitching up a photo, recycling cardboard et all. Over the years, I’ve had many, many queries about how to make hand embroidery patterns. To make a postcard, cut a piece of sturdy cardstock down to be 4 by 6 inches. PaperAltar from PaperAltar said 6 years ago, Oh !! Julia K Walton from FireHorseVintageHQ said 6 years ago, Fun! How fun is this! You are a wonderful inspiration!!!!! Also interesting for kids to work with a picture of them selves! Thanks for sharing the idea! Looking forward to experimenting with the laminated burlap. And the manicure is super hot too. Gift a set of fabric postcards. You can start by printing a nice old fashioned looking postcard back onto perforated cardstock. As you can see from the examples below, the mounting is much the same as we use today for making embroidered cards. I like having the actual post mark on my card. Thanks for sharing, ☆ Joni A - Vintage Picks for You and Your Home. Thanks!! Now, take an image you like the look of (we recommend starting with something with lots of straight lines if you are new to embroidery) and place the image on top of your blank cardstock (leave those fancy backs to the side for now). This will create the appearance of a much larger stitched canvas, and allow you to create design sets much larger than your own machine's embroidery area. Create bold, textural jewelry with this easy paper bead project. Foreign cards: The average British collection contains very few foreign cards. These would make fun holiday cards, birthday cards, thank you notes, or souvenirs (if you bring them with you to send during a trip). .... Hey, what about this: There is two patterns : the “Christmas tree card”, and the “reindeer card”. Tape the back of the image with masking tape. Step 3: Thread your needle and tie a double knot at the end. Arbie Goodfellow from Parisxox said 6 years ago, virginie lykins from anordicrose said 6 years ago. This is a wonderful idea! Ha, Gail Anderson from gailanders3 said 6 years ago, Oksana from ToujourGlamour said 6 years ago, Marina Sorokin from SunAndCraft said 6 years ago, Kim Kassidy from SidKassidy said 6 years ago. Thanks for sharing! Y’all are going to be shocked at how easy these cards are to make! Determine available width of bi- or tri-folded cardstock. But as much fun as the postcard project is your awesome manicure, AND that GIF image that shows the process! oooh...I love this! 40 lovely ladies joined us to embroider spring flowers with yarns onto neon cards. I will never look at a postcard the same way again. 221. Most of the cards were made in France and Belgium. Difficulty: Beginner. At a glance. Then, draw 3 horizontal lines on the right side for the recipient's name and address. Thanks for the inspiration. Visit her shop A Ways Away and keep up with her latest DIY videos and inspiration on Instagram and Pinterest. Step 4: Once you’re done with your design, cut the excess floss so that it sticks out two inches from the back of your image. This is fabulous- I can't wait to make one! The Christmas tree card is more for adults. Great nails too! This year we decided to make mail art and send it out once a month to one another. It was amazing! A few months ago I worked with Cut Out + Keep, an amazing craft blog, to create a craft tutorial using fabric tags from The Dutch Label Shop. Koren Kwan from GarasuWonderland said 6 years ago, Arbor Printing and Design from ArborPrintShop said 6 years ago. It’s time for another Christmas DIY : the embroidered Christmas cards. Using your needle, poke holes in the areas that you’d like to embroider first, keeping in mind that you can add more holes once you’ve started embroidering. Greeting Cards Greeting cards are one of the most popular souvenirs. What a great tutorial. Such a fabulous idea! I think my boys would enjoy doing something like this. She's also sometimes an irritable cartoon named Tiny Cranky Haley. This looks so much fun,reminds me of cardboard stitch kits we did at school. I love making quilted postcards. Making embroidered postcards with a machine Based on surviving examples, it is clear that strips (in domestic machine production) or very broad sheets (in factory production), both of organza cloth, were being embroidered with series of identical designs. This is so much fun! Embroidered Postcards: We love our town here at alt+library, which is why we’ve spent a lot of time this summer embroidering postcards in its honor. Vintage Minnow from VintageMinnow said 6 years ago, Thomas Taaffe from TomTaaffeCrafts said 6 years ago, Niamh Pedreschi from harmonydesignstudio said 6 years ago. They look super cute, too–my nine- and eleven-year-olds made the three in this picture, and happily made tons more with me for an entire afternoon of crafting embroidered greeting cards one wintry day. Don’t design alone, create your postcard with a team! There is a nice satisfying crunch each time you poke through the cardstock into the cardboard. 9 years ago That is so cute and looks like fun to do for a card. Great Idea and now I am gonna have to try this with some of my extra vintage photos...:), Deanna Toribio from VitaskinPlus said 6 years ago, patty mora from PattyMoraVintage said 6 years ago, theartlyons from theartlyons said 6 years ago. Thank you for including my item =D, Diahann Mangoni from ClayMeADream said 6 years ago, Martha Layton Smith from opendoorstudio said 6 years ago, Jill O'Leary from fiberluscious said 6 years ago. It’s Mary Corbet here, popping over from Needle ’n Thread and teaming up with Commonthread to share some embroidery tips that will help you personalize your own holiday greeting cards in a fun and unique way. Thank you for sharing this! Or, simply choose a postcard template to make … Starting from the back of your image, guide your needle through the first hole and pull gently until the knot is up against the hole.

how to make embroidered postcards

Marasmius Oreades Spore Print, 421 W Broadway, Long Beach, Ca 90802, Sony A7r Ii Review 2020, Wild Dog Conservation Botswana, Deadly Bacteria Kitchen Sponge, Orthalicus Tree Snails For Sale,