So over the next couple of weeks, we both researched how to smoke pork loins and put our heads together to try to figure out how the best method for smoking a pork loin. Hi Joshua! Repeat the process, continuing to weave the bacon, alternately folding and unfolding the horizontal over the perpendicular strips of bacon. You want to smoke the pork loin until the internal temperature of the pork is at least 145 degrees F (medium rare) at a minimum. After applying the rub, you can easily wrap the pork loin in bacon strips by wrapping individual strips around the pork loin using butcher’s twine to secure it to the meat. Tie the pork to hold shape and then transfer to the grill. If not already, lay the bacon weave out on a piece of parchment paper or butcher paper. (Sometimes a quick plunge can cause the injector to squirt brine solution everywhere and the bag will keep you from having to wash your cabinets or even worse rinse your eye out! Turn the meat 90 degrees to add a crosshatch. When the weave is complete, there should be the same number of strips going down as there are going across. Thank you, Mimi! smoked venison back straps wrapped in bacon, Easy Lentil Soup {A Meatless Monday Recipe. The lay the pork loin fat cap side up in the center of the bacon weave. This will help keep the … Wrap the pork in bacon, overlapping to help the bacon stay on. He said that everyone that tried it, loved it too! Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. You could throw those three ingredients in a blender and the result would taste good. We lined strips across the naked portion and used the butcher’s twine to help secure it. We live on the side of the Blue Ridge Mountains, in Virginia. Heat adjustments can be made using this technique. Doing so ((MAY)) have helped to cover the pork loin a little better. Rinse the meat under cold running water, blot dry with paper towels. Heat adjustments can be made using this technique. What a lucky woman you are! Big Green Egg Setup: Set the cook up for indirect heat with a drip tray (with water). Don’t forget to mention. Tent with foil and allow it to rest as you would with grilled or roasted meats. Resist the temptation to open the lid. Lay one strip of bacon perpendicular to those strips, tightly up against the back of the folds. Fill the drip pan with half water and half apple juice (About 32-ounces of each, but doesn’t have to be exact.) When the smoker or grill is the ideal temperature range, you are ready to smoke, place the bacon-wrapped pork loin seam side down onto the hot grate directly over the drip pan. https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/bacon-wrapped-pork-loin-recipe To compensate for the uncovered portion of the pork loin. It has a two-channel alarm uses probes to accurately read the temperature of the meat and the pit. Your email address will not be published. It is pretty apparent that people are into smoked delicacies. A nearly 6-pound pork loin for under $10.00! If your weave doesn’t completely cover the pork loin, finish covering it with extra strips laying across the gap horizontally. Is it possible to use a whole pork loin for this? Any thinner and the bacon tries to come off from around the slice. , remove cut and remove the butcher’s twine from around the smoked pork loin. Combine all the brine solution ingredients together in a large bowl. Cook/smoke until internal temperature reaches 150°F, about 1 hour per pound. You will need to add fresh coals and more wood chunks to each side of the grill every hour for at least the first 4 hours. https://grilled.net/unbelievable-smoked-bacon-wrapped-pork-tenderloin-recipe Brined Applewood Smoked Chicken Wings {Naked Wings! Add a crosshatch pattern, starting with diagonal cuts approximately 1 inch apart across the surface of the fat cap, only allowing the knife to penetrate about ⅛ to ¼ inch deep. Tie the twine around the meat is 2 to 3-inch sections. If using a charcoal grill, set it up for an indirect heat technique with a drip pan. I love your bacon weaving video! Continue to inject the meat cannot hold any more liquid and the brine solution begins to leak from the holes. Smoke the pork until they reach an internal temperature of 155°F and the bacon is rendered and starting to crisp. Although you wouldn’t get the smoked flavor, this would work pretty well in the oven also… Just a thought! Set up the grill for indirect grilling and preheat to medium. Tell us what you think! Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. We cut some beautiful boneless loin chops from a huge pork loin roast we got last week. 2 (1 ½-pound) pork loins. Add a crosshatch pattern, starting with diagonal cuts approximately 1 inch apart across the surface of the fat cap, only allowing the knife to penetrate about ⅛ to ¼ inch deep. Lay pork loin on top of bacon and season with salt and pepper. When he got home I proceeded to tell him that I wanted him to break out the smoker within the next few weeks (the meat was vacuumed sealed) for smoked pork loin. Place the meat inside the zip-top bag to inject the pork loin. Then slice the pork loin into slices about ½ to 1 inch thick. First, remove cut and remove the butcher’s twine from around the smoked pork loin. It just helps us afford to do what we do here at TheMountainKitchen.com. https://bbqpitboys.com/blogs/recipes/bacon-smoked-pork-tenderloin Smoked pork loin is good. Learn how your comment data is processed. Good luck! Very amateur, but we all start somewhere. I put it in my cart took it home and waited to deliver the news to David when he got home from the day’s hunt. As soon as you slice into this tenderloin, the creamy cheese mixture will spill out. Required fields are marked *. Begin to build the weave by folding back every other strip half onto itself. May 26, 2020; bryanna; 0 Comments; Stuffed with cream cheese and green chilies, then wrapped in bacon and smoked, this pork loin is incredibly flavorful! The pork loin roast is cut from the center of the loin. The wet wood chunks provide a lower, slower smoke and bring the heat down. 1 tablespoon kosher salt. Unlike a Boston Butt or Pork Shoulder a pork loin is extremely lean and should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145-160 degrees depending upon your preference. On a snowy Saturday not too long ago, David fired up the smoker to smoke the pork loin. David put the pork loin on the grill around 12:30 p.m. and it was taken off about 6:00 p.m. We also like our pork well done, so we like the internal temperature somewhere around 150 degrees F. During the last ½ to 1 hour of smoking, baste the pork loin with barbecue sauce using a brush or mop. Cook on the grill for 1-2 hours or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 140°F. Turn loin over so the bacon … Start with a pork loin that is in the 5-pound range, which is just the right size … The coals on top slowly light the ones underneath and burn down slowly over time. Once you finish trimming the meat, rinse it off and pat dry with a paper towel. Thanks Matt Jadin for sharing this great recipe! oh that delights me! Our pork loin was an overachiever. If the meat injector clogs, simply push the plunger to release some brine solution and then start pulling it again to fill with brine solution. Rub the pork rub mixture onto the meat, making sure to cover each end. Our bacon weave was too small to fit all the way around the pork loin. Monthly Newsletters Only! The receiver displays temperatures and alarm settings on a large LCD screen, which comes in handy when it is cold outside. Start by laying 7 or 8 slices of bacon tight against each other, horizontally in rows on a sheet of parchment paper or butcher’s paper. Using a clean, sharp knife, trim the fat cap so as to leave at least a ¼-inch of fat. 8 slices bacon. Toss a hand full of the soaked wood chunks and some dry wood chunks onto the coals and cover the grill. Roll the pork loin and top with the remaining bacon. Blot dry with paper towels. <3, Your smoked pork loin looks absolutely delicious. We also decided to wrap it in bacon for smoking for extra juiciness. Scoring makes little pockets that allow the bacon fat, rub and sauce to penetrate into the meat below the fat cap, making the meat flavorful and juicy. He was very skeptical about the idea. meateatingmilitaryman.com. My name is Debbie Spivey and this is my husband David. After this was all said and done, I learned from reading BarbecueBible.com that you can cover the bacon weave with plastic wrap and gently roll it with a rolling pin to tighten the weave. This particular model was designed for competition BBQ teams and professional chefs. Rested meat holds on to more of its natural juices. Bacon Wrapped Smoked Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Pineapple and Cheese – This tenderloin is filled with a Hawaiian style cheesy stuffing. 2 tablespoons olive oil. The pork loin should be completely covered in rub with the fat cap side down in the center of the bacon weave. Hope you had a nice visit with your grandpa. Good job David! Slice into 1 … David took the leftover portion to work for his coworkers to try. This is our best effort on how to smoke a pork loin. Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Pork Loin. Repeat … Missed your face! Wrap the bacon weave around the pork loin as if it were a bacon blanket, using the parchment paper to help roll the bacon weave around the meat. David’s skepticism melted away like the succulent juices that dripped off the pork loin. Any less and the pork will be drier and anymore, the fat will prevent the brine solution and rub from seasoning the meat. Scoring across in the opposite direction. Your article convinced me to try the tenderloin. How often and how much sauce you put on is up to you. Once it is stuffed, we wrap the bacon around the whole pork tenderloin and toss … We can’t wait to see them! Not that I am speaking from experience or anything…) Plunge the needle deep inside the meat, while pushing the plunger with a slow and steady force. Rub onto the wrapped pork. But bacon wrapped pork loin cooked on a smoker is damn good. The dry gives a quick intense smoke and brings the heat up. Raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees F. Oven-Roasted Pork Loin… It’s important to minimize the number of holes you put into the meat. Traeger Smoked Stuffed Pork Tenderloin A pork tenderloin that is packed full of cheese, bacon, and spinach! Scoring across in the opposite direction. Give this recipe a star rating, leave a comment below and share pictures of your food with us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter! 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper. On a cookie sheet, place strips of bacon, side by side, touching. We wanted unbiased opinions about how this smoked pork loin turned out. You can inject in other spots inside the loin, too, if you still have some of the solution left over after … You could, but I’m not sure the bacon weave would be large enough to cover it. He kept saying they can be very dry because there isn’t enough fat in them. This also keeps your platter or cutting board from flooding with meat juices when you slice it into the pork. A 3 to. Only open the charcoal door or the lid if you need to add more charcoal or soaked wood chips to maintain temperature and smoke. Directions: Preheat oven to 350°. Allow the brine solution to sit for 2 to 3 minutes to settle. Did you try this recipe? In conclusion, my perseverance and optimism paid off. Carefully remove the plastic wrap and place the tenderloin seam side down in the pan. Our Signature™ Pork Tenderloins are wrapped with applewood-smoked bacon for superior flavor and tenderness. Ok, Y’all, of those of you who know me by now, I ain’t gonna lie to you. I have always wanted to make a bacon weave and used this pork loin as my golden opportunity to try it. Lay the bacon onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with a baking rack. Lay out 5 strips of bacon and roll one pork tenderloin to fully wrap them. bacon wrapped, barbecue sauce, bbq, Brine, Hickory-Smoked, Pork Loin, smoked, Scoring meat is a culinary term that means cutting slits on the surface of. I made an instructional video to help demonstrate the bacon weave below. After a long week we wanted a simple date night dinner, but it had to be as good as it as easy. The top of the loin is usually where a loin roast is cut from. https://www.recipetineats.com/bacon-wrapped-pork-tenderloin Preheat your wood pellet smoker-grill (I prefer using a MAK 2 Star General) to 180º-190ºF with Hickory barbecue pellets and smoke the bacon wrapped pork loin for 45 minutes before increasing the pit temperature to 350ºF. Why doesn’t he want pork?!?! . How To Make Bacon Wrapped Smoked Pork Loin.

bacon wrapped smoked pork loin

How To Improve Health And Safety In The Workplace, Electrician License Lookup, Lay's Dill Pickle Chips Australia, Chinese Collar Sports T-shirt, These Cloud Services Are Of The Form Of Utility Computing, Mourning Dove Eggs Not Hatching, Pantene Heat Primer Wet Or Dry Hair, Pig Smoker Plans, Man-ape Infinity War, Maple Syrup Smell In House Dangerous, Components Of I-way Pdf,